Taco Omelette Recipe

I thought I would share one of my families favorite recipes. Everytime I make tacos or enchilads I always meke way too much because they are one of my families favorite and I always want left overs. With the left over taco meat I make taco or enchilada omelets. I know... I know... they sound horrible but trust me on this one if tacos or enchilada are a favorite of your family they will love these.

Ingredients
3 eggs, warmed in hot water for 5 minutes
Pinch salt
1 teaspoon room temperature butter, plus 1/2 teaspoon for finishing omelet
1 Tablespoon of diced onions
1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped chives

Directions
Crack warm eggs into bowl, add salt, and blend with fork.

Heat a 10-inch non-stick aluminum pan over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot add butter brush around surface of pan. Add onions and cook until onions are translucent.

Pour eggs into center of pan and stir vigorously with rubber spatula for 5 seconds. As soon as a semi-solid mass begins to form lift pan and move around until the excess liquid pours off into pan. Using your spatula move around the edge of the egg mixture to help shape into round and loosen edge.

Sprinkle the top of the omelette with  cheese and left over taco or enchilada meat. Let omelette sit in pan for 10 seconds without touching.
Tips on creating the perfect shape. Shake pan to loosen omelette from pan. Lift up the far edge of the pan and snap it back toward you. Using your spatula, fold over 1/3 of the omelet. Slide omelet onto plate and fold over so that omelet is a tri-fold. Coat with remaining butter and sprinkle with desired toppings such as salsa, sourcream, and chives. Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts