Peanut Brittle

Since Christmas is almost here and I still am without my adobe program I thought I would get started with my Christmas candy and cookie making. So today I made peanut brittle it is such an easy recipe everybody will be able to give it a try. I took photos for a step by step process to make it as easy as I could.
The recipe:
2 cups of  sugar
1 cup of lightly salted nuts
pinch of baking soda
In a medium sized cast iron skillet cook 2 cups of sugar until completely melted.


Sugar will clump as it melts this is perfectly normal.

Keep stirring until completely melted. Stir in peanuts.

Immediately place a pinch of baking soda into mixture. Stir until soda is completely mixed.


Pour onto a buttered cookie sheet spread evenly.


Allow to cool


Once the peanut brittle is cool break into desired sized pieces.


Peanut Brittle makes great fillers for those
Christmas treat baskets.


Be very carefull when making this brittle as the sugar is very hot!!! Enjoy. Let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular Posts