Delicious recipe for everyone to try Bruschetta with Fontina and Spinach

This is a have to try recipe I made this for my kids the other day and they went nuts. It is a good way to get them to eat spinach. First of all I can't take the credit for teh recipe I was watching Giata on food network and this was one of her recipes. Here is the original recipe I changed it when I made it to fit the tastes of my family. The changes are in red
Bruschetta with Fontina and Spinach
Ingredients:
Toasts:
1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta bread, trimmed and cut into 14 (1/2-inch thick) slices (I used panette bread) Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1 garlic clove, halved

Topping:
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ) (I did not use the peper flakes)
12 ounces (12 cups) baby spinach
(I also added some crunchy bacon)
Kosher salt
2 cups (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese (I used mozzarella cheese)

Directions:
For the toasts: Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until light golden, about 10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes. Rub the warm toasts with the cut side of the garlic. Set aside.
For the topping: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 1/2 of the spinach and stir until it begins to wilt, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt, to taste. Using tongs, arrange the spinach on top of the toasts. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Season with salt and cool for 2 minutes.
Transfer the bruschetta to a platter and serve.
YUMMMMM!!!!! Delicious here is a photo of my finished product.

Comments

Popular Posts